Monday, January 4, 2010

Blueberry Shortcake

Sookie: Well I’ve gotta make strawberry shortcake for two hundred people, so I think I’m gonna need strawberries.
Jackson: Use the blueberries.
Sookie: To make what?
Jackson: Blueberry shortcake.
Sookie: There’s no such thing.
Jackson: Hey, the world was flat until somebody took a boat trip

remember that scene from GG? well I did, and then I found a recipe for a blueberry shortcake... and well, here it is ;)


Ingredients for Shortcake

2 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
Additional blueberries
6 scoops vanilla ice cream
Whipped cream

Set out 6 serving plates. Combine 2 cups blueberries and sugar in a blender and blend until thick puree forms. Slice 6 biscuits in half horizontally. On each of the six plates, pour 3 Tablespoons of blueberry puree. On top of each, place bottom half of biscuit. Place additional blueberries, scoop of ice cream and whipped cream on top of the biscuit. Top with other half of biscuit and garnish with more puree, blueberries and whipped cream in an attractive manner.

Serves: 6


I didn't try it out myself yet though, but I think I will soon ;)


and, of course, you could try the mashed banana on toast that Emily made for Lorelai when she hurt her back making the dress for Rory's dance in the first season ^_^

    No comments:

    Post a Comment